Many businesses that have considered using cold calling techniques in the past may well have been put off from doing so by wondering how on earth it can actually work. After all, the majority of people getting cold calls will have no interest in what is being offered and therefore the chances of finding someone that is willing to listen to what a caller has to say and that will then actively purchase goods or services seem very slim.
So does cold calling actually work?
The simple answer is that it obviously does. Its enduring presence means that these calls must be being converted into sales, otherwise businesses simply wouldn’t continue to use it as a sales technique. Whilst it may seem strange that people would respond to being called up by companies out of the blue, the act of cold calling is a numbers game, and even if 99% of people are not interested, the other 1% will usually more than pay for the services. However, in most cases, the take up will be far higher, and once you hit 5% or 10% you can start making serious profit from these calls.
Today, with businesses being able to use a hosted predictive dialler, cold calling is even more appealing as the overheads will be reduced greatly since efficiency and accuracy will be improved significantly. Furthermore, those selling to people in other parts of the world are even more likely to find success as people in different regions will respond to cold calling very differently to here in the UK. As such, in the UK, take up maybe 5% whilst those calling the US may see a far greater call success rate.
So long as businesses utilise the latest technology such as a hosted predictive dialer, the act of cold calling will be very lucrative indeed, and whilst many people will indeed say no to those calling, there will be plenty of people out there willing to listen and ready to buy what you have to sell.